What is a Trigger Node?
Trigger is the first node of all Workflows. It helps initiate a workflow based on time, events, alarms, HTTPs calls or maual triggers.
Working with Trigger Nodes
To define a Trigger node in a workflow, follow the below steps:
- Go to workflow editor, after starting a new workflow or picking a new template
- If you start a new workflow:
- Click on the Trigger icon available on the left navigation menu.
- Double click on the Trigger node to access the parameters input window.
- If you pick an existing template:
- Double click on existing Trigger node to access the parameters input window.
- To start the Workflow at a particular time of a particular day(s), choose the Schedule radio button as shown in the image above.
- Set the parameters to 'Every Friday 6pm' under Schedule option to start the Workflow every Friday at 6pm your time.
- Set the parameters to 'Everyday 10pm' under Schedule option to start the Workflow everyday at 10pm your time.
- To start the Workflow at recurring intervals, choose the Recurrent radio button as shown in the image below.
- Set the parameters to 'Every hour' under Recurrent option to start the Workflow every hour everyday.
- Set the parameters to 'Every 5 minutes' under Recurrent option to start the Workflow every 5 minutes everyday.
- Click on Save Node button after you set the parameters according to your requirement.
Types of Trigger Nodes
- HTTP Calls
For your convenience, we have populated several usage examples of how to use this node and how to set their parameters.