What Is TotalCloud?
Why Use TotalCloud?
AWS Cost Optimization
Schedule Starting of AWS EC2 Instances
Schedule Stopping of AWS EC2 Instances
Delete Unattached AWS EBS Volumes
Notify All Publicly Open AWS RDS Instances Once in a Week
Notify If An AWS User's Last Activity is More Than 90 Days
Notify All Public Amazon S3 Buckets Once in a Week
Create a Rule for an EC2 Security Group
Revoke a Rule From an EC2 Security Group
Getting started with nodes
Working with Nodes
Advanced Filters in the Resource Node
Sample JSON Output Showing Array of all Resources
Add-ons in the Resource Node
Sample JSON Output Showing All Resources and SG Attributes of Each Instance
Usage Examples of Resource Node
Types of Filter Node
Security Group Filter
Usage Examples of Filter Node
User Approval Node
Creating a Workflow
Creating Your First Workflow
Create Workflows Using Templates
Create Workflows From Scratch
Stopping EC2 Instances Every Evening
Executing a Workflow
Table of Contents
Updated by Totalcloud
What is a Trigger Node?
Trigger is the first node of all Workflows. It helps initiate a workflow based on time, events, alarms, HTTP calls or manual triggers.
Working with Trigger Nodes
To define a Trigger node in a workflow, follow the below steps:
- Go to workflow editor, after starting a new workflow or picking a new template
- If you start a new workflow or pick an existing template:
- Click on the 'edit' option available, to access the configuration window
- To start the Workflow at a particular time of a particular day(s), choose the Schedule radio button as shown in the image above.
- Set the parameters to 'Every Friday 6pm' under Schedule option to start the Workflow every Friday at 6pm your time.
- Set the parameters to 'Everyday 10pm' under Schedule option to start the Workflow everyday at 10pm your time.
- To start the Workflow at recurring intervals, choose the Recurrent radio button as shown in the image below.
- Set the parameters to 'Every hour' under Recurrent option to start the Workflow every hour everyday.
- Set the parameters to 'Every 5 minutes' under Recurrent option to start the Workflow every 5 minutes everyday.
- Click on 'Save' after you set the parameters according to your requirement.
Types of Trigger Nodes
- HTTP Calls
For your convenience, we have populated several usage examples of how to use this node and how to set their parameters.