What is Report Node?
Report node helps you automatically send reports through email. It generates reports in the form of PDFs or CSVs. The Report node executes a secure link to download a report and sends it to your email ID.
Working with Report Node
To define a Report node in a workflow, do the following:
- On the Workflows page, click Create New Workflow.
- Click Select a workflow template or Create workflow from scratch.
- If you create a new workflow:
- Click the Report icon from the Tools menu.
- Double click the Report node to access the parameters input window.
- If you select an existing template:
- Double click the existing Report node to access the parameters input window.
- Enter the required information in the parameters input window.
- Click Save Node.
Upon successful execution of this node, an email is sent to the registered email ID with a secure link to download the report.
Here's how a sample email looks like:
Following is a example of a report, when you click on the secure link.
Generate a report encompassing a graph, of the count of volumes in each AZ. To create this graph, you need to set AZ as X-axis and volumes as Y-axis. Note that this is possible if your workflow’s Resource node fetches EC2 Volumes.
You can perform the following types of reporting with the Report node:
- Passthrough: This sends the report encompassing all the data it receives. Example: Create a list of all EC2 instances belonging to Test Env.
- Input transformer: This sends the report in a tabular format with data from only the selected columns/keys. Example: Create a table, listing VolumeID, Volume type, and Snapshot IDs of EC2 volumes belonging to N. Virginia region.