What is a Notification Node?
This node helps you automatically send emails to yourself, to specific team(s), or peer(s) to notify a successful execution in a Workflow.
- It is typically used at the end of a workflow to inform about a successful execution of a workflow. However, you can use it between any two nodes if you wish to receive information at the midst of a workflow.
- By default, the message contains data output of the previous node.
- You can modify the message to send any information about the execution of a workflow.
Working with Notification Nodes
To define a Notification node in a Workflow, follow the steps below:
- Go to workflow editor, after starting a new workflow or picking a new template
- If you start a new workflow:
- Click on the Notification icon available on the left navigation menu.
- Double click on the Notification node to access the parameters input window.
- If you pick an existing template:
- Double click on existing Notification node to access the parameters input window.
- Enter the receiver's email and the custom message that needs to be sent automatically.
- Click on Save Node.
Upon successful execution of this node, an email is sent to the email ID(s) with either the default message or custom message entered by you.
Here's how a sample email looks like: