Create a Workflow from Scratch
If you decide to create your own workflow, do the following steps:
- On the Workflows page, click Create a new workflow.
- On the Create a new workflow page, click Create workflow from scratch and click Next.
- You will be directed to an editor's page. Name the workflow as shown in the following image.
- The left menu is tool bar to that has an array of nodes to create the workflow. Select the required node from the tool bar and drop it in the editor. You can also simply click on a node to appear in the editor.
- You can connect the nodes to form a sequence of actions. Click here to know more about nodes.
- After you have placed and connected all the nodes required for a workflow, double click on each node to configure the parameters.
Example: Running a workflow from Monday to Friday, at 9 a.m.
- Connect all the nodes with connector arrows. Click the right end of the node and drag it till the consecutive node to connect two nodes.
- After connecting all the nodes, save the workflow, validate and test run it. After you validate a workflow, you might be prompted to add certain policies to the IAM role in AWS console. Do as directed in the workflow for a seamless experience. If you run a workflow without validating, TotalCloud auto-validates the workflow.
- You can access all the active workflows from the TotalCloud dashboard. Click View All Workflows to see all the workflows.