Create a Workflow from Scratch
If you decide to create your own workflow, do the following steps:
- On the Workflows page, click Create a new workflow.
- On the Create a new workflow page, click Create workflow from scratch and click Next.
- You will be directed to an editor's page. Name the workflow as shown in the following image.
- Select the required nodes by clicking on the plus icon after the trigger node. You can also simply . Click here to know more about nodes.
Usecase: the example below shows the instance CPU utilization
- After you have placed all the nodes required for a workflow, click on the 'Edit' option in the node to access the parameters input window
Example: Running a workflow from Monday to Friday, at 9 a.m.
- After editing all the nodes with the required parameters, save the workflow. Validate or test it by running it. After you validate a workflow, you might be prompted to add certain policies to the IAM role in AWS console. Do as directed in the workflow for a seamless experience. If you run a workflow without validating, TotalCloud auto-validates the workflow.
- You can access all the active workflows from the TotalCloud dashboard. Click View All Workflows to see all the workflows.
Click here for a more detailed understanding of creating a workflow from scratch