Generating AWS Access Key for TotalCloud
To generate AWS 'Access Key' to provide access to TotalCloud, follow the below steps:
- Sign in to your Amazon IAM management console.
- Click on Users from the left menu.
- Click on Add User button.
- Add a User Name, and select Programmatic access check box to generate access key ID and secret access key for AWS API, CLI, SDK, and other developmental tools.
- Set permissions. We recommend not to give any permission during set up.
- Review all the information and generate access key ID and secret key ID.
- Go back to TotalCloud and paste the Access Key ID and Secret Access Key in the input field.
- Click on Validate in the TotalCloud app.
- Enter your choice of Profile Name and create a profile for this AWS account.
- You can view the new profile(s) under Preferences.