What Is TotalCloud?
Why Use TotalCloud?
AWS Cost Optimization
Schedule Starting of AWS EC2 Instances
Schedule Stopping of AWS EC2 Instances
Delete Unattached AWS EBS Volumes
Notify All Publicly Open AWS RDS Instances Once in a Week
Notify If An AWS User's Last Activity is More Than 90 Days
Notify All Public Amazon S3 Buckets Once in a Week
Create a Rule for an EC2 Security Group
Revoke a Rule From an EC2 Security Group
Getting started with nodes
Working with Nodes
Advanced Filters in the Resource Node
Sample JSON Output Showing Array of all Resources
Add-ons in the Resource Node
Sample JSON Output Showing All Resources and SG Attributes of Each Instance
Usage Examples of Resource Node
Types of Filter Node
Security Group Filter
Usage Examples of Filter Node
User Approval Node
Creating a Workflow
Creating Your First Workflow
Create Workflows Using Templates
Create Workflows From Scratch
Stopping EC2 Instances Every Evening
Executing a Workflow
Updated by Totalcloud
Monitoring AWS EC2 instances' status checks regularly is essential.
There's a template already available in the web app for this use case. This workflow template automatically monitors EC2 instances' state every morning and sends a secure downloadable link to the report via email or Slack.
Please find below the information on how this template works and how you can customize it according to your needs.
How Does This Template Work?
- Trigger node initiates the workflow every day at 9am.
- Resource node fetches all EC2 instances belonging to an AWS account and AWS region.
- Report node fetches all the data filtered from Resource node, prepares a report with each EC2's InstanceId, InstanceType, LaunchTime, State, and Tags. The workflow sends an email or a Slack message to the concerned team(s) or stakeholder(s) with a secure downloadable link.
Steps to Customize this Template
- Open the template
- Click on the 'Edit' option in the Trigger node to access the parameters input window. Add or modify the following details as per your requirement:
Select the day of the week you want to start the workflow from the drop down menu. Example: Monday. If you want the workflow to start every morning, select all the days of the week.
- Select the time of the day, of your choice, from the drop down menu. Example: 6:00 for 6am and 21:00 for 9pm.
- Click on 'Save'
- Click on the 'Edit' option in the Resource node to access the parameters input window. Add or modify the following details as per your requirement:
If you wish to pick only specific instances or attributes of instances, use Advanced Filters and Add-ons available.
- Retain the AWS Service name 'EC2' entry.
- Retain the AWS Resource name 'Instances' entry.
- Click on 'Save'
- Click on the 'Edit' option in the Report node to access the parameters input window. Add or modify the following details as per your requirement:
- Select Resource to perform action on as the Resource node prior to this node.
- Retain the Passthrough selection.
- Retain the selections -- InstanceId, InstanceType, LaunchTime, State, and Tags, in the Passthrough.
- Click on the Save icon
- Click on the Run icon